Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Dear Carrie...

Dear Ms. Carrie Bradshaw,
      I know what you have gone through.  I have felt what you have felt.  I have experienced what you have experienced.  And I hate it.  I know what it is like to first meet someone and fall deeply for them.  I know what it is like to have them hurt you more than anyone else.  I know what it is like to watch them love someone else right in front of you.  I understand what you felt when you thought you could never compare to their new love.  Tall, beautiful, and straight hair was what summoned his love while the short, unique, and big curly hair girl watched in despair.  I have heard the phone ring and looked down to see his number appear when he was never supposed to contact me.  I have tried to leave him behind as I moved on to bigger and better things, but I always have that name in the back of my mind.  It is as if fate is teasing me by constantly putting him in my pathway.  I now understand what you felt the night you and Big were in Paris looking at each other in the deepest way as best friends.  Now, I am to the point of asking myself, "Do I want this story to continue to where yours went?", "Will one day he fall right where I want him and we can stay there forever?", or "Should I leave before I am the one left behind?"  Carrie, I wish you were real.


No comments:

Post a Comment