Sunday, January 6, 2013

My Life at the Present Moment

"Sometimes we need to stop analyzing the past, stop planning the future, stop figuring out precisely how we feel, stop deciding exactly what we want, and just see what happens." - Carrie Bradshaw

My entire life, I have focused on keeping track of every moment and having everything set on a precise schedule.  I was never confused or unprepared at what was to come.  Now, I have no idea what the next year will bring.  I have personal goals to accomplish, but my main goal is to stop looking at everything so closely and stop trying to figure out my life through having control every moment.  I will accept what others give me with open hands.  If something is meant to happen, it will happen.  I have decided to take on the "Eat, Pray, Love" scenario and spend the next three years trying to figure out my life and who I am before jumping into settling down into an unhappy place where I do not appreciate the gifts I have been given.  I will spend a year of prayer in a location that is unknown to me at the present moment.  I will be assigned my destination by an individual that I deeply respect.  After this adventure, I will determine the location I want to "eat" at.  This eating may be a mental feast on words or knowledge and not a feast of physical foods.  Finally, I will find a place of "Love".  Only one knows where this will lead my life, but I know that I will have a greater understanding of myself through this.  I have begun to say good-bye to those who mean the most to me and plan on leaving everything behind as I enter a new world.  I hope to record my adventures here and can't wait to see the observations I find.  I am so blessed and thankful for everyone who is willing to help me make this possible.  Let the future come forward! I am ready.






No comments:

Post a Comment