Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Closest Thing


I have this fear that someday you will realize I am not as great as you think I am.  When I first met you, I never would have imagined that I would have such strong feelings for you.  I never thought I would have dreams about you or miss being by your side or get butterflies in my stomach when someone mentions your name.  When I first met you, I never would have thought I would love you.  Yet, I do not even know if you could consider this a case of "love".  I love all the time I spend with you and our simple conversations.  I love that you were there for me when everyone else ran away.  I love that you have been the only constant thing in my life for almost a year now.  I love that everyday I do not think I can go on, you always have that "silly feeling" to call.  I am not sure if this all adds up to "I love you", but it is the closest I have ever been to that.  I do not know what has changed in you since the first day we met, but obviously it was enough for me to give you a chance.  Stepping off a ledge, I am so glad I took the jump.  Thank you for being in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment