Sunday, January 8, 2012

Finished for Now.

The great Dr. Seuss stated, "Don't cry because it's over.  Smile because it happened."  I must take this into hand when I feel like I want to cry because I know I should be finished with you.  I need to smile at all the happiness put in my life from you.  I wish I was brave enough to tell you the truth, but I know you do not feel the same way so it is no longer relevant.  I was told whenever in doubt to ask myself, "Will this matter in a year from now?" and I want to say, "No.  It won't.", but you have had such an impact in my life that I do not think I will forget you in a year from now when we are separated on two different paths.  Right now, I have that feeling in my stomach where I just want to scream my head off and hope that eventually you will hear me.  Do you not see me or the way I treat you?  Oh yes, the past can hurt.  But, you can either run from it or, learn from it.  I am hoping to learn from my past as we part our separate ways.  I hope to learn not to waste my time with someone hoping for something to happen.  Maybe, someday, you will understand the thoughts that run through my mind towards you, but for some reason I do not think that will ever happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment